Our Oak Ridge veterinary hospital is devoted to your pet’s wellbeing.
Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital (ORVH) was established in 1943 during World War II when the population of Oak Ridge was approximately 100,000. During this time, Oak Ridge was a closely guarded secret with very few points of entrance; each of which was a heavily guarded gate.
Dr. James Monroe Davis, a 1943 graduate of the Alabama Polytechnic Institute, was one of the earliest veterinarians in Oak Ridge. The first ORVH was located at the west end of Emory Valley Road.
Dr. Leon K. Robinson (Dr. Robbie), a 1945 graduate of Alabama Polytechnic Institute, and Dr. Warren Roberts (fellow graduate) became partners of ORVH in 1951. Dr. Roberts first began practicing in Knoxville, TN, and Dr. Robbie in Oak Ridge. During their partnership, both doctors practiced large and small animal medicine. Dr. Roberts later sold his share of the partnership and Dr. Robbie was the sole owner and practitioner. Before starting his own veterinary practice in Karns, TN,
Dr. William Butler worked part-time with Dr. Robbie.
Dr. William Robinson, Jr. (Dr. Bill) had an avid interest in veterinary medicine since childhood. He graduated from Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine in 1963. He then served in the United States Air Force from 1963-1969 as a member of the Veterinary Corps. After returning home from the military with the rank of Captain, Dr. Bill joined his uncle (Dr. Robbie) in practice at the Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital.
Sadly, Dr. Robbie passed away unexpectedly in 1986. Later, in 1987, Dr. Bill bought ORVH. Over the years, Dr. Bill worked with a menagerie of part-time and full-time veterinarians. Although he is still an associate, Dr. Bill sold ORVH in 2001 to Dr. Rick Hinson, Dr. Kristin Novinger, Dr. Stewart Novinger and Raina Jones. Raina started working at ORVH in 1996; Dr. Kris, 1999; Dr. Stewart and Dr. Rick, 2001.